Friday, January 29, 2010

Introductions



Last month marked the beginning of my final semester here at college (knock on wood), and with this I decided to come out of the closet if you will…



For the past five years I’ve done a damn good job of blending in with your average college student…going to class, doing all my work…but while behind closed doors…secretly living the life of an addict…



In all reality I was just passing the time until my next fly fishing expedition. Marking my calendar with every three-day weekend, spring and fall break...Sitting in my room tying flies, organizing fly boxes, cleaning my reels and fly line, my roommates thought I was absolutely nuts. I would randomly walk out of my room stroking a new creation and interrupt a heated round of Call of Duty 4 just to show off a size 4 big nasty, ya know?...



Enough was enough, this semester I walked into class with a different attitude. My five year façade was about to be lifted…in supreme fashion.



I present you the following…



Professor - “Introduce yourself, tell us a bit about you and mention three things that you’re really into right now. These things can be anything…choose three…”



“Adam, you start us off…”



Yours truly -“My name is Adam Hope…I fly fish. The three things I’m most into at the moment are Two-Handers, Swinging, and Lady GaGa.”



Now tell me how the normal person interprets that?...Haha. It’s definitely safe to say that no one in that room knew what a two-handed fly rod was, or that swinging is a type of fly presentation…but everybody knew who Lady GaGa was didn’t they?…



Talk about first impressions…



Physics Homework...



Bookmark.



Paper Jam...



Watch Your Step...

No comments:

Post a Comment